Health and Dental Claims Procedures
Health and Dental Insurance claims can be submitted to Johnson Insurance, the plan administrator, up to the end of the Calendar year following the year the expense was incurred. The majority of claims for Prescription Drugs, Dental, Vision care, Physiotherapy, Chiropractor etc. can be submitted electronically utilizing your Prescription Drug Card at the provider’s office/store. Check with your healthcare provider to see if they can submit your claims electronically.
If you pay your claim in full, you can submit your claim through one of the following options:
- Complete the on-line claim form from the ‘Members Only’ website and attach the receipts, electronically. You will receive a confirmation number and the claim form and receipts will be filed in the Plan Benefits folder in the Communications Centre. If you have been setup to receive payments through direct deposit, your payment will be deposited into your bank account and notification will be sent via e-mail. Otherwise, a cheque will be sent to your home address. To submit a claim online, please log into the Johnson ‘Members Only’ website at https://www.johnson-insurance.com/Members-Only/ and select Claim Form. Please open the online tutorial ‘How to submit a claim online.’ If you do not have a user name and password, please contact Johnson at 1-800-563-1727.
- Print and complete a Personal Claim form from the ‘Members Only’ website and mail it along with your receipts to Johnson Inc. Group Benefits Claims, 10 Factory Lane, St. John’s, NL, A1C 6H5. If you have been setup to receive payments through direct deposit, your payment will be deposited into your bank account and notification will be sent via e-mail. Otherwise, a cheque will be sent to your home address.
Life, Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Claims Procedures
Please contact Johnson Inc., the plan administrator, for necessary claim forms at 1-800-563-1528. Please note these insurance claims have time limitations. They should be submitted as soon as reasonably possible but no later than the following claim deadlines:
- Life Insurance: Claims must be submitted within six (6) months of date of death.
- Long-Term Disability: Claims must be submitted no later than six (6) months following the qualifying period (i.e., the expiration of sick leave or thirty (30) calendar days, whichever is later). It is recommended that application for benefits be made at least twelve (12) weeks prior to the end of the qualifying period (i.e., before sick leave expires).
- Critical Illness: Notice of claim must be submitted to Johnson Inc. within thirty (30) days of the event.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: notice of claim must be submitted to Johnson Inc. within thirty (30) days from the date of the accident and written proof of loss must be submitted to the underwriter within ninety (90) days after the date of such loss. Failure to submit such proof within the time required shall not invalidate any claim if it was not reasonably possible to give proof within such time, provided such proof is furnished as soon as reasonably possible; but, in no event, later than one (1) year after the date of accident.