To be eligible for insurance under the MEDOC Program you must be:
a) A member or spouse of a member or eligible dependent child;
b) A Canadian resident;
c) Insured under your provincial or territorial Health Insurance Plan.
Pre-existing Medical Condition Limitation/Medical Stability Clause – Applies to all insureds under all Travel MEDOC Plans
This insurance will not pay for any expenses incurred directly or indirectly as a result of:
- A medical condition or related condition (other than a minor ailment), if in the ninety (90) days before the day of departure or day of booking, the insured’s medical condition or related condition was not stable.
- A heart condition, if in the ninety (90) days before the day of departure or day of booking:
- any heart condition has not been stable; or
- the insured has taken nitroglycerin more than once per week specifically for the relief of angina pain, for any heart condition.
- A lung condition, if in the ninety (90) days before the day of departure or day of booking for trip cancellation for benefits:
- any lung condition has not been stable; or
- the insured has been treated with home oxygen or taken oral steroids (prednisone or prednisoleone) for any lung condition.
For Trip Cancellation, Interruption, and Delay Insurance benefits, the pre-existing medical condition limitation also applies to your family member, close business associate, caregiver, travelling companion, or your travelling companions family member.