TERMINATION OF INSURANCE
Insurance for the insured member and their dependents will cease on the earliest of the following events:
- Termination of employment, other than retirement under the provisions of the eligibility guidelines.
- On the date of death.
- On the day the insured member enters the armed forces of any country on a full-time basis.
- Termination of the Policy or eligibility of coverage.
- On the date the insured member no longer pays the required premium towards the cost of insurance, where applicable.
- For substitute teachers, on November 30th of the following school year if, during the preceding three months, the substitute teacher has not taught at least one day, and has not taught at least 10 days in the previous school year.
- For private school teachers, coverage terminates upon termination of the teaching contract.